Posted by Alexandra Jump on December 29, 2009
Yesterday on my way up to Bub’s place, I saw a beautiful owl land in a snow-covered tree. I watched for a good 10 minutes until it floated off into the woods. What a treat, an owl sighting in the middle of the day. What now it the message?
Owls are the bridge between death and rebirth, flying silently in the dark of night. I have been moving through a death of sorts and am now feeling new life on the horizon as I settle in my new home. The house has been busy this past week and with Lulu’s departure, I am feeling a need to finish nesting. My office and writing space is still in shambles, but most of the pictures are up and dishes are generally put away.
UVM gives us the week off between Christmas and New Years, however I am heading into the office today to tie up loose ends with work, which should have been completed before now. I managed to get into work over the past few weeks, but the quality was certainly lacking with my mind on other things.
Other things like moving, getting my finances in order and getting ready for full-time work at Extension. I hopefully will get a job description and a pay grade the first of the year and will be blogging 75% of my time and continuing farm safety stuff the remaining 25%. No graduate classes this winter, I need to practice being still in my new space.
The business of the season and the change over at Solstice has me moved into a better direction. The owl reminds me that when one part of our life dies off there is opportunity for new life to begin.